MCon Carbo 16-48
- Calculates C-level from the residual oxygen content of a gas or CO2-content from the furnace atmosphere
- Various types of thermocouples, lambda-, O2-probes and other gas sensors e.g. CO, CO2
- C-level correction by foil tests
- Color-TFT-touch-screen display with additional keypad
- Multi-user access with usernames, pass-words and access levels
- Isolated analog inputs
- Current supply 115 or 220V 50/60Hz or 24V
- Optional: Profibus, Modbus and “MESA Legacy” protocols
Principle of Operation:
MCON Carbo 48 and 16 is a new and advanced calculator of carburizing processes in heat treatment plants.
As a graphic recorder, the new calculator can record all measured values.
The unit processes the input signals and outputs the desired output variable as a voltage or current unit signal.
All commercial thermocouples, lambda- and oxygen probes as well as gas sensors,
e.g. CO, CO2, can be connected to the MCON Carbo 48 and 16.
There are up to 5 analog alarms. Each alarm can be configured to monitor analog input or calculated values and it can activate dedicated digital output for some error/unregularly values.
User accounts with password protection improve the safety in usage by locking access levels, parameters and functions depending on user privileges.
- Compatible with all new MESA equipment
- Custom alarms
- Diagram display
- Isolated RS485 / 422 Modbus interface, “MESA Legacy”
- Data transfer and firmware update via USB interface
Degree of Protection:
IP54 according to IEC 60529
MCon Carbo 16
96 x 96 x 111 mm (W x H x D)
MCon Carbo 48
296 x 256 x 118 mm (W x H x D)
Housing made of polystyrene
AC 85VAC…265VAC, 50-60Hz
Color-TFT-touch-screen display, 320 x 240 pix
16it, 3,5’ with robust touch-screen
Communication Interface (Optional):
Isolated RS485/422, Profibus
Storage: -10…+70 °C
Operation: 0…+50 °C
5…95 % relative humidity, non-condensing
– Thermocouple, Type “K” or “S”
– O2 probe
– Raw O2 probe voltage
– Calculated O2 probe mV from L-probe mV
C-level: 0…2,0 %C -> 0…20 mA or 0…10 V
AOUT 3:Temperature: 0…1200 °C -> 0…10 V
mV O2 corrected
C-Level Measuring Range:
Sensors for measurement: O2, lambda probes or
Fixed or measured CO
Up to 5 Foil test correction points